Dane County Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee
There are many complex issues and topics that are being discussed by the participants of this project. To
keep things consistent across all groups, the Steering Committee offers its guidance and experience on
many different parts of the project. Through their initiative we have created this "direct contact" route
to the Steering Committee. If, for any reason, you would like to contact, get a question answered or an
issue resolved by the Steering Committee. Please call, write or email
Dane County Comprehensive Planning Steering Committee
Dane County Department of Planning & Development
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Rm 116
Madison, WI 53703-3342
Questions, comments, and issues will be read into the "public comment" portion of the next Steering
Committee Meeting for discussion.
Steering Committee Guidelines
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to oversee activities necessary to
develop and implement a comprehensive plan as defined in
Wis. Stats, to include:
The Comprehensive Planning Steering Committee shall be composed of 13 members as follows:
- Six Dane County Board members:
- The president of the Dane County Towns Association, or his designee.
- The president of the Dane County Cities and Villages Association, or his designee.
- The Mayor of the City of Madison, or her designee.
- A representative of the Dane County Parks Commission
- A representative of the builders and realtors, to be recommended jointly by the South Central Wisconsin Realtors Association and the Madison Area Builders Association.
- A representative of the environmental community, to be recommended jointly by the Audubon Society, the Sierra Club, and the Natural Heritage Land Trust.
- A farmer, to be recommended jointly by the Dane County Farm Bureau and the Dane County Chapter of the National Farmers Organization.
The Chair of the Environment, Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee
shall make appointments to supervisory committees, subcommittees, and work groups in consultation with the County
Board Chair and First Vice Chair.
Steering Committee Members
Please go here to view current committee members.